Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Endure

Testing, testing, 1, 2


So I got a question. Do you know where your breaking point is? Do you know how long you can hold out? How long you can endure? If you knew when the testing would stop, could you hold out just a little longer? Could you endure just a little more? 


I ask these questions not of you but of myself. I wonder how much longer it is that I have to endure. I wonder just how much more I'm going to have to suffer. I'm wondering how much more of a price I'm going to have to pay. I'm wondering how much more faith I'm gonna have to have. I'm wondering how much more patience I'm going to have to show. 


If I just could see the light at the end of the tunnel, the silver lining around the cloud, the greener side of the fence, it would be ok. I would be calmer. I wouldn't have all these thoughts churning around in my head and these butterflies circling inside my belly. I could focus on what is to come and how I'm going to fit into my own life. Right now I'm still in the middle of the storm, still tied to the torture rack, still blindfolded and being beaten. Still wondering when will it all be over.


Only the strong survive, the race is not given to the swift nor the strong be he who endures until the end. I certainly hope so. After all the testing that I have had to endure I hope that in the end I will be left standing and be stronger and greater than i was before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment